To our Friends, Neighbors and valued Customers –
November 26, 2020. This is the short version. Please see the detailed version below:
Current COVID uptick requires strict safety policies including:
- Masks are required inside the store and we ask that you wear them outside within 6 feet of others.
- One customer at a time in the store.
- Please call prior to bringing a bike down for service 401-383-3070. Be prepared to leave it with us. There will be no on-the-spot repairs.
- Webstore has been expanded to encourage shopping on-line and doing curbside pick up. www.legendbicycle.com
We are down to a small winter staff. Please be be patient. If you have any questions, please call or email to: email@example.com .
Thank you, be safe, we appreciate your continued business.
November 26, 2020. At Thanksgiving, we here at Legend are taking a few minutes to think about what this past year has meant, both in terms of how we weathered it and how we will change going forward. To the first point, thanks to the resiliance of our customers and staff, we have managed to keep our head above water in spite of the need for social distancing, and the disruption of our normal supply channels caused by COVID 19. As we head into the winter, we are still having difficulty with getting new bikes and some replacement parts, but we feel as if we are turning the corner. By the Spring we feel as though things might loosen up a bit.
If we have learned one thing from the past 9 months, its that we need to pay attention to our community and balance the need to provide services with the need for safety. Winter is traditionally a slow time for bike shops in the Northeast. By November, our staff is typically winnowed down to one or two key people as a courtesy to the local community to maintain our services. This year, we will be operating with the same small crew and will be preparing for Spring 2021 as we normally would.
Unfortunately, in the near term we are experiencing another spike in infection here in RI and the Governor, as well as simple common sense, tells us that we need to be more careful with our exposure to others, especially indoors. With that in mind we will be limiting customer interaction as much as possible. We have recently upgraded our webstore (https://www.legendbicycle.com/product-category/accessory-2/legend-swag/) with social distancing in mind. We will continue to put certain items in the mail if needed such as our maps, bottles and t-shirts; however, the majority of the products that we offer on the webstore will be available for curb side pick up only. This will help our customers get the practical winter stuff such as lights, locks and gloves when they need it, but will also minimize unecessary contact between our staff, our customers, our shipping agents, etc.
Until further notice, we will ask that customers call the store before dropping off repairs or otherwise needing to enter the store. Interactions with staff will occur outside as much as possible. Bicycles coming in for service will be assessed and an estimate will be provided by follow-up phone call. Please give our staff time to provide you with the best possible service. Winter will continue to be the best time to get deep service on your bicycle if you can be flexible with the turn around. We will try to communicate our needs as much as possible so that you know what to expect. In the meantime we ask for your continued patience
We will continue to run our business following the guidelines of our trusted science-based leadership as best we can with some winter-specific adjustments. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to get you what you need when you need it. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 401-383-3070.
May 8, 2020. Here we are 1 month after Governor Raimondo issued the stay at home order. Many of you have reached out to show your support for our decision to keep our doors closed. Some of you have helped us get through this difficult time by purchasing gift cards and putting off repairs or purchases until we return. To all of you, we are grateful and are thankful that the day has finally arrived for us to return to be here for you, albeit with some restrictions.
Starting Tuesday May 5, Legend will be open for service and limited sales with the following guidelines:
- Call before coming down. 383-3070.
- Do not enter the store or engage our staff if you are feeling ill or have symptoms of the virus.
- All customers must wear a mask when engaging Legend staff.
- Customers may drop bikes to be left for service at the curb. If we are expecting you, we will come out to take your bike at the front door.
- We will assess your bike and call you within 30 minutes to provide you a quote for the repair. At this time we will schedule a time when it will be complete.
- If you are picking up a completed repair, please call first 383-3070. We will ask for payment at this time. When you arrive we will bring the bike to the door.
- We are able to sell new bicycles. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer test rides at this time; however, as always, we guarantee your complete satisfaction including the proper fit of your new bicycle.
We are committed to the safety of our customers and staff. Please respect our rules, but please let us know if there is something we could be doing better.
Thank you for your continued support. We consider it our privledge to continue to serve the Fox Point Neighborhood for the past 10 years and hopefully for many years to come.
If you would like to support your local, neighborhood bike shop, but are not comfortable coming into the store, please visit our web store for gift cards: www.legendbicycle.com/products
For questions and concerns, please contact email@example.com.